The WP Youth Wing is happy to announce the winners of the Make Your Voice Heard Essay Competition 2020. The competition was open to all Singaporeans aged 40 and below, and for online submissions from 4 to 31 August 2020. The complete rules of the competition can be viewed on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wpyouth/posts/10158440440023972
The essays were assessed on the quality of ideas, structure and critical analysis of the issue(s) explored. Our assessors have had a difficult time choosing the winners. Upon much deliberation, they have concluded the following winners and special mentions. All results are final and conclusive.
The results of the essay competition are as follows:
● “Direct democracy for responsive government” by Phang Zheng Xun
● “Ensuring equality & fairness in our education system” by Rajeshpal Singh
● “Sexual misconduct in local universities: Nipping it in the bud” by Angelo Chan and Nur Sarah
● “To survive the future, return power to the people” by Maxine Chen
● “Advancing green growth while tackling climate change: transforming challenges into opportunities” by Lee Si Yuan
● “Arts-in-curriculum: Building 21st century competencies” by Matthew Fam
● “Education in Singapore” by Ng Weihan
● “How the government can extend greater financial support to disadvantaged individuals in Singapore’s society” by Denzel Yang
● “Purposeful life @ SG” by Quek See Leng
● “Quality and affordable healthcare for all” by Woo Jia Qian
● “Social stratification and Singapore’s version of meritocracy” by Cliona Yong
All winners have been contacted via email. If you are listed as a winner and have not received an email from us, please email us at email@example.com soonest.
Winning essays will be published on our website soon. Do keep a lookout for them!